Music

Sunday 19 April 2015

You are becoming obtrusive, Mrs. Pigeon...

Amour  

Things will go on as they have done up until now. They'll go from bad to worse. Things will go on, and then one day it will all be over. 

Amour is probably the best motion picture about love which I have ever seen. Even though it does not touch me personally. But it shows me many things which any other film does not. 'What things?' you are suppossed to ask. Strength and weakness, youth and senescence, love and animus, life and death. A lot of contradictions, as you can see. But are there any antinomies? I have reservations. These terms are rather couples of options of some cases. And they do not stay in an opposition. They mix each other. They like each other, I guess. They really love being in the same place at the same time.
Anne (Emmanuelle Riva) and Georges (Jean-Louis Trintignant) are marriage. She was piano teacher, he loved listening to her. Until everything was going on the right way, they were like white on rice. But just one trouble can shatter all of rests which we build our whole life. Particularly, disease.

Anne: What would you say if no one came to your funeral?
Georges: Nothing, presumably.

I was really moved. And I was shaking during a lot of scenes of this movie. I tried to change into one of the characters and make up my mind what I would do. And I knew that whatever they would do, I will be admiring them. Because of their sensibility, perhaps. Or maybe because I cannot imagine myself inside the situation like that. 

There I was, crying out loud in the courtyard, and I told him the whole drama to the bitter end.

And here I am, encouraging you to watch and appreciate: the film and weakness hidden inside strength, life hidden inside death.

5 nominations (Michael Haneke was really proud of himself), 1 award (Best Foreign Language Film). When you finish watching just think about the equability of The Academy's choice. It is doubtful, isn't it?

I did not mention. This is FRENCH movie. French means INCREDIBLY COOL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z2TBqTlT9Q

1 comment:

  1. Well, to be honest I am not a great fan of French contemporary cinematography, but your review sounds tempting. And I do appreciate your devotion to everything that is French. :-))
    Another reason is obviously the creation of Jean-Louis Trintignant. I used to like him a lot - but it was in his older movies from the 1960s and 1970s, or from Kieślowski's RED. Anyway I will watch this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete