Music

Saturday 24 October 2015

The ultimate decision?

I have a sort of a brainstorm on my own. I am trying to erease all of my doubts. I feel like I decided and there is nothing to have reservations about, but... life is difficult in principle and I want to make it much tougher. Does it have any sense?

Of course, it has! The whole thing we are supposed to do is to follow our dreams and to make them come true. Even though we are exhausted  and the one and only thing we want to do is to sleep through our lives. Do not give up!

I have one decision to make... Which of these two songs could be better for me to sing. Which one is more demanding or which one is more moving? Or maybe... you know any musical songs..? But not 'Singing in the rain', please. ;) Can you recommend them? I must make a repertoire.

A repertoire? For what? The answer is very simple, but not obvious. I decided to take part in the exams to the drama schools. A few ones. There are many great drama schools in Poland, but they are not in the city I live in.

I must practise a lot. Those exams are so demanding. If I want to succeed, I need to learn many texts by heart, work out, sing a lot and practise doing a splits, even. So it is nothing shocking for my friends when they visit me and see me leaning against the wall and yelling, muffling or breathing aloud. I am completely tired because of working out day by day... I have no strength to do anything more. But who said that all is going to be simple? Dreams hurt.

I wake up every day feeling better. I know I am closer and closer to my purpose, step by step. And I also feel better, because I take care of my spine. I can see only advantages!

I must try to practise some melodies from my notes... I hate it. Notes are like little dark monsters, for me. I do not understand them. They scream to me something, but I cover up my ears and I hum a childish song. Bad, bad notes!

5 comments:

  1. Maybe it's a matter of preference because I like Bruno Pelletier better, but personally I'd pick his solo. It's also more challenging, there are many long notes, and they get higher and higher...
    I'd be glad to help you with picking other songs, 'cause I love musicals. How about "I dreamed a dream"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I used to listen to this song really regularly... but you know, I am quite 'overeaten' of this. I feel like it is everywhere. Exactly like 'Singing in the rain'. I know 'Belle' and 'Le Temps Des Cathedrales' are famous too, but maybe they are more attractive because of their high level of hardness (what you mentionned about) and the language... But thank you! I hope you will be with me during my choices (there are many texts to choose and also songs).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is more to act in 'Belle' so it is the really good one. But that second one is more demanding and I can show my vocal's abilities in very short time. Because the commission dams up candidates whenever they want. It is strange but so fascinating too that I have a few seconds to show everything what I have to show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with whatever you have decided to pursue. You seem to be very strongly motivated, so I'm sure you can achieve a lot. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's true, and I totally understand that, you should avoid overdone songs on auditions. Have you picked some other songs yet?
    These two you've mentioned in your post are a great choice either way. :)
    Maybe something from Jekyll&Hyde? f ex Confrontation, two characters to play, two different personalities, but in one person.
    Or Till I heard you sing from Phantom of the Opera. It's not as popular and overdone as Music of the night or the theme song.
    Well, you have plenty of time to prepare, #fighting!

    ReplyDelete