Music

Saturday 23 May 2015

The Ugly Duckling.

Billy Elliot

Tutor: What does it feel like when you're dancing?
Billy: Don't know. Sorta feels good. Sorta stiff and that, but once I get going... then I like, forget everything. And... sorta disappear. Sorta disappear. Like I feel a change in my whole body. And I've got this fire in my body. I'm just there. Flyin' like a bird. Like electricity. Yeah, like electricity. 

Dear Billy, my inspiration from my early youth... I owe the freedom of my dreams to you, really. I will never forget you.

Yep, I have just started with this little confession. To be honest, I have not watched this movie for 6-7 years, I guess. More or less. But I am willing to do it. After my exams, which are aproching inexorably... Oh, I have no strength, I have no time for anything. I want to sleep, watch some movies and just live without carying about learning, working and missing all these things which I really feel lack of.


I am obsessed with ballet, dancers, theatre and these amazing illuminations which embrace the stage. That is why I am coming back to this subject. I associate ballet utterly with freedom. Even though it is connected with really, really hard work. People who dance love it. And I love it too. But I am not any dancer.

When I was a child there were not in my life any good conditions to send me for some dancing lessons. You can think "Why? What was the problem?". But believe me, I felt exactly like Billy. But he got his chance, me - not. And I am quite jelous. I cannot say, that I regret getting that way, on which I am now, but... you know... I cannot estimate, which kind of life could be that better one.

The story like this about Billy Elliot seems quite unbelievable in the environement in which he lived. And it made the plot so fabulous. The father, the passion and Billy in between. Love wins again. And dreams. The father's guts (I am sorry if you do not like words like this) are covered up and struggled. And his son can do what he wants to. In the world like that. In that reality. You must watch it to understand. It is like middle ages' mezalians.

I have so many things to do, so sorry, that is all. I hope I encouraged you in some way to watch this film. It is really worth to watch. It helps to accept a lot of behaviours, feelings, passions and altitudes to life.

Billy: I think I'm scared, Dad.
Dad: That's okay, son. We're all scared.
Billy: Well... if I don't like it (BOXING), can I still come back?
Dad: Are you kidding? We've let out your room.
(straight face then laughter)

3 nominations and 0 statuettes.
Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2Xf4Dg7F0&list=PL81322D6EEF868404

2 comments:

  1. Stories about choices or opportunities. Which one is yours? Have you seen a Polish movie called "Przypadek" starring Bogusław Linda? You should definitely see those alternative stories people live through because of some coincidence. Billy Eliot is a prodigy child, but had it not been for that sheer luck he would remain undiscovered. Maybe your 'coincidence ' is yet to come?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'You build a life of details.' - these are the words spoken by Meryl Streep as Francesca, 'The Bridges of Madison County'. Choices, of the top of my head. And although it was really strong hit of luck that Billy could get a dancer, it was only his choice. And this is what makes this film breathtaking. I have not seen it yet, maybe because my unwillingness to watch Polish movies (with several exceptions). But I will do it for sure. I am so curious. There were some 'coincidences' in my life which could utterly change my reality, but I felt like I would not give me over to one thing. I hope I will leave my fear to new and face my destiny. Thank your for your commentary! :) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete