Music

Saturday 30 May 2015

Try to forget, my true sweetheart.

Sophie's Choice

This was not judgment day - only morning. Morning: excellent and fair.

In my arrogant opinion, a film, which I want to introduce you and involved you in, is clearly amazing. This post is the most spontaneous one, but the most advised too. I have just finished watching this movie and I started to write. I am from Poland, so I feel like I am quite acquainted with the topic of this motion. I wanted to say that I am close... but it would be a lie. It is hard to say something about holocaust, because No one will ever understand Auschwitz (William Styron, Sophie's Choice author). Sophie's Choice, such an incredible film...

It was really dificult to understand to me, because there are a lot of moments when some people talk in german, or in english with very specific accent. Some crucial scenes was spoken in german, so I musted check a few facts out on the Internet.

It is tough to judge how the director/the scriptwriter (Alan J. Pakula) and William Styron treated Poles on the issue of joining in Jews' extermination. So I do not want to focus on it. I am sure that I am not any suitable person to looking for any answer.

Everyone has his own way to go through.
Everyone should have a chance to know his destination.
Everyone has the right to live.

Love. How strong feeling it is. How many things it can fix. Delete. It gives us hope. Although after some occurations we cannot be the same persons. But we can fight for us. Forget. And forgive - ourselves.

Friends... They are our treasures. I have a few (not many and I am glad of it) and I hope that you have yours also. They are like an adhesive between us and our worlds, lives, simple things and activities.

It is very hard film to watch. It is very emotional. It is about a lot of dead loss. And even though we do not experience the things like those in the movie, because we live in such different times, we also have huge problems (It is not my purpose to compare, of course. It is just a draft of human dailiness). And we still can decide about our lives. This is our privilege. And this is our right. Look at the choice which Sophie is forced to make.

Everyone can love.

Five nominations, one Oscar for Meryl Streep(Sophie).
The link to the music below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA6YQcTS768&index=1&list=PLBXBmZcJbX0w-RjYgNlIA-MjgM24g3_MA

P.S. Ah, appreciate the acting of Meryl Streep. It is really worth of your conscience and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment