Music

Saturday 16 May 2015

Seduce it! ...and attack it.

Black Swan 

Perfection is not just about control. It's also about letting go.

Maybe it was quite more than one year ago (2-3?) when I was in the opera in Poznań and I watched Swan Lake. Honestly, there were a few my friends who are ballerinas and they gave a really extraordinary show to the public. I have never danced as a ballet master, but I have played in a couple of performances. I was really close to THAT world. The world of ambition, beauty, grandness, brilliance and irresponsibility. And even I still want to take part in this kind of life, I think I know the bright and the dark side of it as well.

But this movie is not only about ambition, although it is such a great aspect. And it is not about illness, despite the fact it seems like to be. And it is not a thing about drugs and their bad influence. Relations and relationships. These both create this bewildering portrait of Swan Queen. Or Nina Sayers, you can choose.

Obsession. Daughter locked up by her Mother. Dependence. Choice. Birds love lakes, but when lakes get cages - they do not. Freedom - that is what we need. That is how we prosper. Any other case - oh, everyone would go crazy!

One thing has really blown my mind: the way of perceiving the world by Nina. And now I am not caring about her visions, because they are created by her imagination and this is very touchy subject. I want you to think about it of course. I think everybody can interpret it in astonishing different way. But I focused on her kind of spending her life. On her steps. I realized, that a big part of people (particularly young ones) share it with her. And they did not know about it, continually. Look at it carefully, quietly and just catch it.


Changes. In her life, inside Swan Queen, inside us. Everything depends on changes. Self-assertion is the key. Remeber, you can count on you, but you have to have someone else to rely on.

Everything she does comes from within, from some dark impulse. I guess that’s what makes her so thrilling to watch. So dangerous. Even perfect at times. But also so damned destructive.

Black Swan was nominated in 5 categories. Received 1. Darren Aronofsky (director) was not really satisfied, I guess. But I love the movie, which won in the most important categories, so it is very hard to me to judge. I know I chose a heavy film today.
But... Who know? Maybe I will share with you a film which concerns quite similar subject next time. But a simpler one, I promise.
Please, approciate my efforts. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWDdARmq-lk&list=PLAF5BE107D66591A2

No comments:

Post a Comment